30 July 2012

Mal Darshan




One early morning our mentor led our gang of youngsters to public toilets of gulbai tekra community to collectively understand the suffering our dear brothers and sisters go through each time they attend a natural call.

The very moment I saw the toilet the first thing that came to my mind was, outside the glits and glam of one of the largest metropolitan lies filthy public toilets which are the most neglected .They were the most unhygienic toilets, without tap water and door latch, flooding with human feces and dirt thrown around with disease causing harmful organisms flying all over and were almost unusable due to poor sanitation, lack of hygiene leading to chronic diseases, skin disorders, allergies and headaches. I almost wanted to run away and ignore it.

The next moment I see a lady going to attend a natural call and I feel ‘ You suffer-I suffer’, tears roll down my cheek and with oneness in my heart for the community I decide to be there with my team and witness the oneness towards human suffering. With pure intention of cleaning the dirt from our hearts while cleaning the toilets we wished good health to our dear brothers and sisters.



Water available to the community to clean themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment