05 May 2012

Outside the temple!

Today in the morning me and my mom went to a near by temple.The road towards the temple was under construction, the site was filthy and stinking because of the garbage dumped. Two kids were playing in the stinking dump unaware about the fact how harmful the dump was for them.One of the kids came near me running and i observed she dint have slippers to wear.There was a shift within, I felt bad that there are so many fellow brothers and sisters in this world who are deprived of basic necessities.I gave away my slippers and started walking barefoot.I went into the temple and prayed to the almighty to help me cultivate an understanding of oneness and gratitude without developing ego. Later, while I was going towards my car,the kids came back and asked me for food and money.It was quite difficult to make them understand the concept of sharing and giving and not just recieving greedily because when I asked them why do you always beg, she told me a list of things she was not blessed with.I explained her politely that she was blessd with a healthy body.All her organs were working normally and that is a blessing .I gave example of blind kids at one of the schools i volunteered and told them that inspite of blindness they were happy and worked hard to earn a living and lived a life of dignity without begging.They thought for a while and were grateful for their healthy body.She and her brother waved me a good bye with a smile on their face.On my way back home I had tears in my eyes thinking there are thousands of my brothers and sisters deprived of basic necessities on one hand and on the other hand there is a class of few multi millionaires growing rampantly in Gujarat.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great thing you did. Esp. the fact that you made them realize about the things they possess.

    ReplyDelete