05 March 2011

So that our kids can have a better vision!

20 Feb 2010,

I went to Leela’s place as there were a lot of complications her mom was facing financially due to her sons ill health which requires a lot of money and his husband leaving her all alone with her three kids. I was concerned about leela, her education and health.

During the conversation I learnt leela has weak eye sight and needs glasses but other things being on a priority, glasses was not on the priority list.

I talked to one of my school friends, Rushit Patel, who owe a chain of one of the largest optical stores in Gujarat, Nagar Chashma Ghar. Without thinking for a second he said ‘IT WILL BE DONE. DON’T WORRY’. The fact being we dint talk much in school and even after school. Inspite of this he readily agreed to get the glasses done for our kids.

05 March 2010

As planned, we took the kids for their eye check-up at Nagar Chashma Ghar.The thing that moved me the most was the humility and sincerity with which he(Rushit) did his entire job. He could have asked one of his employees to do it but he did it by himself. Individually, he asked the kids all the details about their eye sight, checked their vision and asked them to select the frames for their glasses.

Kids were awed being at the new place .They had never seen such an optical showroom before. The machine which checked their eye was new to them. It was a wonderful experience for the kids as well.





We were to express our gratitude. I thought for a while and Siddhi asked me to gift him the wooden idol I bought it from an old man on road side. I met this old man on road during my visit to Lynch, near Mehasana. He was hungry and requested me to buy wooden carved idols. I usually avoid giving money to beggars but I did not hesitate to give money to this old man. I appreciated the fact that he made efforts at this age and in this condition, to make his living. Other than that, the craft skills and love with which he carved were wonderful. I bought and decided to gift it to someone.

There was nothing better than gifting it to Rushit, who took out time and got the eye check up done and glasses for our kids. Thanks for your time, attention and concern. Means a lot, Rushit. You’ll b in our prayers always.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment