30 April 2012

I was watering plants in the morning and a bunch of kids (my maids daughter and her cousins) came and started playing. I thought of involving them in my activity so as to sow seeds of love for nature. I asked them to observe plants as i watered them and observe the flowering patterns. They were so curious they started asking me questions on flowering cycles. They started telling me about photosynthesis and all other information they had from their text books. We gifted them a plant and asked them to nurture it and observe it everyday and discuss their experience with us once a week. We then sat in a circle meditated for a while and sang One world song, the last piece of Ekatva Show! We explained them the meaning of the lyrics and discussed how important it is to consider World as one family :) Kids being kids,this was not enough for them and they wanted to hear stories.My twin gave them a book of panchatantra stories and an assignment to read it, discuss it amongst friends and then share with us when we met next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment