01 April 2012

Yet Again, I believe in power of small conversations and this time even more strongly!

My maid's daughter, Apexa, quite often comes to my place when her mom is busy with chores or unwell. I so wanted to strike a conversation w her since months but somehow could not. Today, I and my sister sat with her and asked her the reason for leaving her studies. She was quiet. My sister brought her some water. I gave her a back rub and shared with her my story, and my journey.We thought that would help her to open up. Tears rolled down her cheeks. There was silence for sometime, i continued rubbing her back. I asked her what were her dreams. Still she was silent. I showed her a letter, my friend gifted me which talked about dreams. My sister then shared that it was important to follow one's heart and dreams and asked her if she had her own dreams. She started weeping without making making a sound. There was silence again. Neither of us spoke. Apexa broke the silence. She told her mom and dad were divorced and her financial situation dint allow her to study.She longed to study. She was silent again.

We wanted to see a smile on her face. We watched Tom and Jerry together in my bedroom and it worked :)She started giggling. It was beautiful to see that innocent smile back on her face.




We are now going to talk to her mom and talk to a few friends and family members who can support her education.

No comments:

Post a Comment