26 May 2012

Kids performed for volunteers who served visually impaired :)

26 May 2012 Kutchi Bhuvan Today the kids performed at one of the events organized by yuva unstoppable to appreciate 150 volunteers who volunteered to write exam papers for the students who are visually impaired. It was a good experience for the kids to know the challenges visually impaired face in their day to day life and inspite of all the odds how they worked with courage and optimism to achieve their dreams. It was beautiful for me to learn how deeply the kids have understood the concept of taking responsibility and sharing things with all selflessly. Today one of the kids, Jayesh, had extra food and he offered it to other kids instead of wasting it. Also, Ashok and jayesh got water for all the volunteers without anyone telling them. The event started with a prayer by, Kusum, a blind girl who is pursuing her B.Ed in music. I wanted to interact with her so when she was leaving, I offered her a ride. Being very independent she refused but when I insisted more, with a smile she accepted my offer. She was a very happy and ambitious girl. When I asked her what was her dream she replied with so much joy ‘I want to give a soul-lifting performance to a big audience for continuous three hours.’ That statement lit up my face! Kids are now waiting for our visit to Navjyot-Blind school next week Sharing a few Back stage Pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment